Benefits of QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online gets a bad rap at times for many reasons that aren’t always justified. If you tried QBO years ago and didn’t like it you should give it another try. It has come a long way over the years. If you are hesitant to try it because the screen views are different than the desktop version, don’t be. QuickBooks Online is very user friendly. I find it to be easier to use and less clunky than the desktop version.
Below are some features that make QBO attractive to new and existing QuickBooks users.
- Cloud Accounting: QBO has bank level encryption. And since it’s in the ‘Cloud’ you don’t have to worry about backing it up, because it is automatically backed up. However, for those who are leery of this, there are some new third party apps that do just that.
- Unlimited PC use: Since the software is hosted in the cloud and isn’t loaded onto an individual computer it is available on any computer with Internet connection anywhere in the world!
- Automatic Routine Updates: With QBO you don’t have to buy new software annually to get updates and enhancements. Instead, new developments are pushed out routinely to users at no additional fee.
- Monthly rate: There are three versions of QBO, which allow the user to select the level of services they need. All plans are offered at a monthly rate and discounts are offered periodically for new subscribers.
- User Friendly: The screen views and the navigation bars are user friendly. And one of my favorite features, the bank feed feature has less issues than in Desktop and does not cost extra.
- Invite your Accountant: QBO is the only QuickBooks product that ties into QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA). Your accountant or bookkeeper can easily access your system without any inconvenience.
- Add payroll: Payroll integrates seamlessly for an additional monthly fee.
- Mobile friendly: Apps are available on both the Apple and Android phone and tablet. Making it super simple to work on the go!
- Add APPS: There are hundreds of 3rd party Apps compatible with QBO. There are apps available for almost any service. Need a more robust way to track inventory? There’s an app for that! Want to integrate document retention and QBO? There’s an app for that! Want to integrate Bill Pay directly with QBO? There’s an app for that too! I could go on, but I think you get it!
As you can see, QBO has some great features that make it attractive especially to an on the go user. If this article is intriguing to you then check out our blog post ‘Do you want to save time and money in your business?”. Don’t hesitate to contact us! We are happy to talk with you and help you decide if QBO is right for your business. Already a user of QBO? We can help you too! We offer system reviews and catch up/clean up services. To request a free PDF of QBO tips, click here. To schedule a system review, click here.
The article is for informational purposes only. Details are subject to change without notice.
Copyright 2018 Christi Rains, Alpha Omega Consulting & Bookkeeping, LLC